Loosen up your mind before you loosen up your body.
I am a self-taught Yogi as of 2 years now (and growing) and it has had a powerful impact on my life both physically and mentally. I started yoga during an emotional stage in my life where I was struggling with, okay I’ll be honest here, a break-up, and I felt that I needed to switch off for an hour or two each day.
I had always seen others doing yoga and I assumed it was never for me. Turned out, I was just clueless! There is more to yoga than you know, it healed me and helped me through one rocky road. So grab a mat and listen up!
Yoga is EPIC. Heres why:
- You don’t have to practice it alone. Get your pets involved or your friends, get a yoga buddy!
- Insomniac? Me too! Don’t be a night owl. Yoga is extremely calming and helps us relax our muscles. After a few weeks, it can make a dramatic improvement on sleep.
- Kick the depression. The practice of mindfulness in meditation is proven to increase serotonin levels and give you a boost!
- Back pain can be treated through yoga if done correctly. Please note that professional advice and classes are highly advised for this as back pain can be worsened in some cases.
- Cure that hangover. There are poses such as fish and plow that can improve metabolism and create more balance in the body causing you to feel more refreshed.
- Those that suffer from Arthritis can practice yoga to maintain strength and flexibility.
- You can yoga it up ANYWHERE. Literally.
- Health and wellness, in general, is improved. You are guaranteed to start feeling better mind, spirit, and body.
- FACT: Dating apps ranked those who mentioned “yoga” in their profiles, most attractive. BELIEVE IT, BABY.
- It has the ability to reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol. Stress included. These factor in heart disease.
I began my yoga journey with this lovely lady Adriene
Maybe you too could benefit from her videos, however, I would suggest starting off with classes! I hope that you join this journey, it truly is beautiful.